A H Baldwin & Sons Ltd was established by Albert Henry Baldwin in 1872, and recently celebrated it's 145th anniversary of serving the numismatic community. Despite being founded much earlier, it was not until 1901 that the name Baldwin's became synonymous with the London numismatic scene, when Albert Henry set up his first London-based premises on Duncannon Street with his eldest son Percy. Later, the duo were joined by Albert's two other sons - Fred (the legendary cataloguer of King Farouk of Egypt's coin collection) and Roy. In 1920, Baldwin's had expanded to the extent that a new premises was required, and they relocated a short walk down the road to Adelphi Terrace shortly after becoming a limited company. Over the next few decades the company continued to grow, and moved to a larger location on Adelphi Terrace in 1971.
In 2013, Baldwin's became part of the Stanley Gibbons Group Plc. In 2014, Baldwin's relocated to our new premises at 399 Strand in the heart of London.
Throughout our illustrious history, Baldwin's has catalogued for auction houses all over the world, and our world-class team of specialists are renowned around the globe for their expertise and professionalism in the world of numismatics.
Over one hundred and forty years ago the Baldwin family developed an infallible reputation for the encouragement and support they gave to collectors and students of numismatics. That legacy continues in our current generation, who strive to maintain Baldwin's position as the very best the numismatic world has to offer.