Great Britain, Middlesex (London), Skidmore (established by John Skidmore, c.1748-1823, furnisher and stove-plate maker with businesses in Clerkenwell and High Holborn, and later token issuer with his sons), Series of Churches and Gates, Copper Halfpenny Trade Token, dated 1797, obverse: view of a church, ST. MARGARETS . LOTHBURY . BT. 1690 around (St Margaret Lothbury is a Church of England parish church in the City of London; it spans the boundary between Coleman Street Ward and Broad Street Ward; it was destroyed in the Great Fire of London (1666) and rebuilt by the office of Sir Christopher Wren), reverse: P S Co cypher, date below, within circle and beaded border, DEDICATED . TO . COLLECTORS . OF . MEDALS & COINS around, no extra ornaments on the cypher, edge plain, diam. 28mm (Dalton & Hamer “The Provincial Token Coinage of the 18th Century” 605).
In NGC holder graded MS63 RB, brilliant with nearly full original colour.